Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2632
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi all,

Experiencing an issue where my printer/scanner appears to essentially be bricked. I power it up and I get the flashing EE error code (EE flashing along with all of the other icons you can see on the panel) with the power button and the three yellow error lights flashing too. The blue wireless light stays solid, however. Device is totally non-responsive. 

HP Utility does not recognise the printer in this state. My one saving grace is that I am very occasionally able to bring the printer back to life through some combination of powering off at the wall, powering on again and hitting the power button a few times, however I cannot reliably replicate this. The device's firmware is up to date.

Any and all help gratefully received.

Cheers.

IMG_1073.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for getting back to me. I had a look at the website with the error codes but couldn't find an apt solution, as the error code is 'EE' and not any of the numbered error codes. I also wasn't able to troubleshoot as I'd power on the printer, it'd whir for a bit and then immediately get stuck in this 'error' mode with the flashing lights and LEDs on the info panel.

I've resolved the issue myself but it didn't seem to have anything to do with a paper jam. By my best guess it was something to do with the wireless connection causing issues.

The way I managed to resolve it was, when the error code/lights were flashing, to hold down the power button until the printer restarts and displays the '0' on the info panel as per usual. I pressed the wireless button once at this moment to turn the blue wireless light off. I then turned the printer off and unplugged it for a minute, turned it back on, held down the wireless light and engaged WPS on my wireless router until it established a wireless connection to the printer.

I was only able to properly turn off the printer using the power button after taking the step of turning the wireless off, so in my mind this was what it was down to.

I've used the printer a few times since then and have been able to turn it on and off without issue. Hopefully my solution can help others encountering the same problem!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@atso90, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This seems like the printer carriage is stuck. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Check for any paper jams inside the printer and make sure the print carriage is moving freely.

Perform steps 1 and 2 from this document. Re-insert the ink cartridges.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the document - Blinking Lights for more details on the issue. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for getting back to me. I had a look at the website with the error codes but couldn't find an apt solution, as the error code is 'EE' and not any of the numbered error codes. I also wasn't able to troubleshoot as I'd power on the printer, it'd whir for a bit and then immediately get stuck in this 'error' mode with the flashing lights and LEDs on the info panel.

I've resolved the issue myself but it didn't seem to have anything to do with a paper jam. By my best guess it was something to do with the wireless connection causing issues.

The way I managed to resolve it was, when the error code/lights were flashing, to hold down the power button until the printer restarts and displays the '0' on the info panel as per usual. I pressed the wireless button once at this moment to turn the blue wireless light off. I then turned the printer off and unplugged it for a minute, turned it back on, held down the wireless light and engaged WPS on my wireless router until it established a wireless connection to the printer.

I was only able to properly turn off the printer using the power button after taking the step of turning the wireless off, so in my mind this was what it was down to.

I've used the printer a few times since then and have been able to turn it on and off without issue. Hopefully my solution can help others encountering the same problem!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.