Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 2652 not recognizing new tri-color ink cartridge

HP Deskjet 2652
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a combo pack that comes with HP 65 black and tri-color ink. The new black ink worked fine, but the new tri-color ink doesn't get recognized by the printer and won't let me print anything. The light under the color ink meter blinks as well. When I put the old tri-color ink, the printer works and prints with no problem. I'm not sure what's wrong because I researched that both ink cartridges were supposed to be compatible with my printer. I tried seeing if I had to get a firmware update, but the setup window said it was already up to date. I tried unplugging the printer cable from the outlet and from the printer, and waiting for 60 seconds. I tried cleaning the copper contacts on the color ink cartridge and on the printer. None of these seem to work, so I'm not sure what to do about this. The Smart HP app doesn't help either, since all it says is a "Cartridge problem" and tries to direct me to the HP site to buy ink.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,393 8,378 445 333
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 2652 not recognizing new tri-color ink cartridge

@starmario12

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

It's a case of a defective ink cartridge. You could either return/replace it to the store/website you purchased it from or contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation