Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Your HP Deskjet 3050 is printing BLANK PAGES? 

The printer ejects blank sheets of paper when printing. Some or all the printed pages might be partially blank or half printed. It can be the software that you are printing from or program. Sometimes it can be the actual print head needs cleaning or cartridges are low. 

Here is a link that will provide you with steps that will get the issue resolved. In this document you will have different Operating Systems. (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Mac OS X) Software. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I Hope that this post helps you, thanks. If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask. 

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I Hope that this post helps you, thanks. If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask. 

HP Recommended
I saw that this was solved on the forum, but the solution link is no longer active.
HP Recommended

Yes, the link is down. 

See if you can print a self-test page or printer status report from the printer itself. If so, then it is a software or connection issue. 

If you can print test page, try to use a different USB cable. Also, you can uninstall and re-install the software and drivers. 

If you are NOT able to print a test page from the printer, try to clean the cartridges with lint free cloth and water. 

HP Recommended

I have cleaned the print heads and still prints blank pages.  I put new ink cartridges in, still printing blank pages.  So now that I am out $30 in ink, what's the deal?

HP Recommended

Could you please repost the solution to this problem? I have been trying for hours to fix my printer and I cant get it to print anything besides blank pages.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.