Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050 J610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Scanning works but printing does not. 

When I try to print anything, even a test page, it comes out blank. The ink heads are clean and new, so I am not out of ink. The printer sounds like it is printing on the inside, but when the paper goes through there is nothing on it. When I check the inkheads after they have ink on them, it's almost like it's just not touching the paper.

Doing a Printer Report does nothing, blank page goes in, blank page comes out.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Rainechaser

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the HP Deskjet 3050 J610 Series Not Printing Anything anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to identify and/or resolve the issue?

Is the printer set as default and unpaused printing?

While you respond to that, I recommend you do the below steps:

Step 1: Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

If you have Windows 8 or 10, use HP Printer and Scan Doctor to automatically fix several types of problems that can cause the printer to go offline. Skip to the next step if your computer does not have Windows 8 or 10.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on, has paper installed, and is connected to your computer.

• If you are using a USB cable connection, make sure the cable is connected to the printer and the computer.

• If you are using a network cable connection, make sure a network cable is connected to the printer and your network router or hub.

• If you are using a wireless connection, make sure the wireless light or wireless symbol on the printer is on and not blinking. Press the wireless button on the printer control panel to turn on wireless connectivity.

2. From the computer that you are trying to print from, download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

3. If Print and Scan Doctor does not open automatically, double-click the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon on the Windows desktop.

4. Click Start on the Welcome screen.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did not change any settings on the printer after installing it. It is set as my default printer and printing is not paused. There is nothing in the print que. It accepts print jobs from my computer just fine, it's just that it only prints blank pages.

I downloaded the doctor, it said everything was fine and printed me a blank test page. 

HP Recommended

@Rainechaser

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I recommend you Print a Printer Status Report using the HP software, and then evaluate the results.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. In Windows, search for your printer model, and then click your printer in the results.

The printer software opens.

3. In the printer software, double-click Printer Actions

4. Double-click Maintenance Tasks

The HP Toolbox opens.

5. Click the Device Services tab, and then click Print Status Information.

The Printer Status Report prints.

Figure : Example of a Printer Status Report

Image: Example of a Printer Status Report

If this doesn't print or is blank as well: Click here and follow all the steps mentioned one after the other.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My printer is doing all the same things but I can not run the HP Doctor because I have a MAC. I haver tried cleaning the printhead, Cleaning Ink etc.  Nothing is working for me. Anything other suggestions for people who dont have windows?

HP Recommended

@MADDIEK

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number of the printer?

Is the copy working fine?

Keep me posted.

Welcome to the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.