Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello - I have been having trouble printing or copying for a while. When I try to print, I get the dialog message on my computer that it's "printing page 1, 100% complete", followed by "printing - waiting for printer to finish". On the printer, the power button is blinking, and it says "Printing" with the blocks appearing, but nothing prints. I tried printing a test page from the utility and that doesn't work either. I try to copy and that doesn't work either.I've tried installing the latest driver, restarting the computer, etc., nothing works for months.  Can someone please help me? It's serial no [edited] and FPU no CH376-64001. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@atma1008

Welcome to HP support community.

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Meanwhile:

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Update the printer firmware

Refer the steps mentioned in this HP document to update:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your response. I did everything you said. There were no firmware updates when I followed the link you gave and directions, but I did install the newest printer driver. It's still not working, however; the computer sends the signal to the printer, and the printer says "printing" (with the dots), and the power button keeps blinking, but nothing prints. 

To answer your questions, I am on MAC OS High Sierra version 10.13.4, and the printer is connected via wireless.

Thanks in advance for your further assistance,

Nikhil

HP Recommended

@atma1008

Are you getting any error message?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No error message. Please advise - thanks so much.

HP Recommended

@atma1008

Since you are not able to make copies or print test pages, this looks like an issue with the printer and not the software.

Let us try these steps:

Check if the output tray is open

Also, check the input tray. Make sure the papers are properly placed.

Check for any paper jams inside the printer.

Perform the steps mentioned under 'The Power light is blinking fast and the Attention light is on' in this document.

Try making a copy again.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your patience with my response. I did everything you said and the printer still will not copy or print anything. What should I do next?

Thanks,

Nikhil

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.