Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Do you want help?  If so, let me know what printer model you have, what router you are using and what operating system is on your computer.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions and got the 3054A to connect with no wpa selected on my netgear router. I accessed the printer through the ip address but when i click on advanced I got a certificate warning. When I proceed the page gives me a system error; internal system error.

HP Recommended

What operating system? What browser?  What security system on your PC?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, internet explorer, and microsoft security essentials. Thank you.

HP Recommended

OK, that is strange, none of that should be a problem.  Let's do a few things:

1. Restart your PC, router and printer.

2. On the PC, run Windows Update over and over until there are no more updates.

3. Try again.

If that does not work, download and run this utility:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

HOW DO I CONNECT MY WIRELESS LAPTOP TO A DESKJET 3050.PLEASE HELP

HP Recommended

What operating system?  How do you want to connect it, wirelessly?  To what router?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

hi,im new to this im not sure what a router is sorry.im with bt i use a windows7 laptop wireless no cd operation,i know i look silly not knowing this please help

HP Recommended

hi ive got a second hand deskjet 3050all in 1 j610 series,no cables,ive no idea what a router is,i use a wireless windows 7 laptop im with bt all works well,please advise and thanks very much for your reply and help kind regards liz

HP Recommended

You will need a USB cable for this installation.

Download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

When the software installation starts, make sure the USB cable is NOT plugged into the printer.  Choose Wireless as the installation type when it asks.  Plug in the USB cable when the software asks and remove it when it asks you to do so.

I am employed by HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.