Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This tri colour cartridge error really sucks! I too have exactly the same issue. Printer working fine one minute, then this **bleep** error message. I take out the nearly full colour cartridge, carefully clean and replace. Error still there. I then reluctantly stick in a brand new HP cartridge, (July 2018 expiry date) and still this stupid error.

I now go through the printer reset and guess what, still no good.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@phdwebdev

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting cartridge issue. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Reset the printer.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer

Use genuine HP ink cartridges.

Remove, inspect, and reseat the ink cartridges.

Clean the electrical contacts.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

With respect, if you actually read my post you will see that I have already tried resetting the printer and cleaning the cartridges, but thanks for your stock cut & paste answer anyway.

The most annoying thing about this issue is the fact I have 2 perfectly good (and expensive) colour cartridges that I cannot use. It also seems I am not alone with this issue but HP can only offer mediocre advice, such as clean the cartridge, reset the printer etc. which most of us will have tried anyway before posting here.

HP Recommended

@phdwebdev

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

As you have already tried these steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.