Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My printer has not been detected on the network.

HP Recommended

Hi Larissa89,

Restart the network devices:

1. Press the Power button to turn off the Printer.
  2. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon, click Start Search, click the Shut Down arrow, and then click Shut Down.
  3. Turn off the wireless access point (Router)
  4. Turn on the wireless access point (Router).
  5. When the Router is fully rebooted. Press the Power button to turn on the Printer.
  6. Press the power button on the computer to turn it on.
  7. Type the IP address into the Internet browser to see if you can communicate with the printer.
  8. Try sending a job to the printer.

Let me know if you are able to print successfully?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

After doing that the printer is now printing wireless and I can access the settings with the browser.

However, this is exactly what I did last time to fix my problem and it stopped working again the next morning. So I will keep this unsolved for now and if it still works in 3 days time I will mark it as solved!

Thanks for the work so far and I hope I don't need to come back on here 😛

HP Recommended

Hi,

Oddly, when I got back to it that night, the wifi link was working again.

So, I re-installed it onto the laptop, and all was printing again.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thank you for the update. Let me know the status after a couple days.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

this is my network with hphndu software:

hp rete1.jpg

and this is the installation hp software:

hp rete2.jpg

finally:

hp rete3.jpg

i don t know what to do...

HP Recommended

Hi stefano73,

Restart the network devices:

1. Press the Power button to turn off the Printer.
  2. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon, click Start Search, click the Shut Down arrow, and then click Shut Down.
  3. Turn off the wireless access point (Router)
  4. Turn on the wireless access point (Router).
  5. When the Router is fully rebooted. Press the Power button to turn on the Printer.
  6. Press the power button on the computer to turn it on.
  7. Type the IP address into the Internet browser to see if you can communicate with the printer.
  8. Try sending a job to the printer.

Let me know if you are able to print successfully?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi Larissa89, 

Is the printer still working ok for you?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hey there,

The printer worked fine for the day and in the morning. Then it started to play up again. I could fix the problem by first turning off router AND printer and after a while turning off only the printer did the trick. However, there have been a couple of times where this didn't work and the printer started to print hours and hours after I sent something to the printer.

Not sure how to fix it for good 😕

HP Recommended

Hi Larissa89, 

Sounds like you are having network interference issues. One way to isolate the printer or the network causing the issue is to install the printer at a relatives or friends home to see if you have the same issue. If the issue follows the printer then you would be having a hardware issue. If the printer works fine in a different network enviroment then you have something in your network causing the issue. Let me know if you are able to try this troubleshooting step?

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.