Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

So I have now had 2 of these printers, the first was a 3720 I think, I had so many issues with the wifi on this that in desperation I went and bought the newer model (3750) thinking that it might help. It didn't, it has exactly the same problems.

To summarise:

- It constantly drops off the wifi network completely. Even thought the wifi light is on, you print the info page and it says it has an ip address. However you can't ping it or connect to its web page. Disabling wifi direct does help with this problem, wifi direct appears to interfere with the normal wifi to the point of making the printer drop off the network entirely.

- Even with wifi direct disabled, the printer on the network, I can ping and connect to the web page, but iOS devices are unable to find it. Opening the HP Smart app will sometimes fix this, but often even that app can't find it. On some iOS devices, trying to add the printer using the IP address (which is static by the way) - it still can't find the printer. I am sitting there pinging it and on the web interface and the HP app can't find it. Airprint appears to be basically completely broken on these printers.

Has anyone had similar issues, I am pretty much at my wits end with these printers. I have worked in IT for 20 years and this is one of the must frustrating printers I have ever encountered.

Is there a fix for the wifi issues with this printer, or is it time to try another brand? Airprint is a basic requirement and just doesn't work.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Check the 3750 firmware, latest is 1828A.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.