Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Acer Aspire
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Deskjet 3755 prints Word docs fine but cuts any Word doc that contains screen grabs or photo inserts off at the right margin even when document margins are set at "normal" and printing preview looks perfect. Same problem with trying to print a PDF downloaded from the Internet.  Problem exists regardless of document/pdf orientation. Tried communicating with HP Support and they are "not available." Thank you for any insight that you might be able to provide. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Snowdancer55,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I recommend you root uninstall the printer and reinstall it and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
  2. Select your HP Printer
  3. Select Uninstall
  4. In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
  5. In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
  6. Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
  7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
  8. Click on the “Drivers” tab
  9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
  10. Select Ok
  11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
  12. Close Devices and Printers
  13. Restart the PC
  14. Download and install the printer software from the below link. 
  15. http://hp.care/2nikIQ9
  16. Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.

1) The printer is brand new as of August, 2018 and has always worked fine EXCEPT for cutting off any documents or pdfs that have images or photos imbedded in them.

2) No changes made to computer since printer was connected

3) I went through several iterations of HP software troubleshooting steps to no avail, all said printer was working fine.

I took your advice and uninstalled all printer software and then re-installed the software from the HP website. The setup went smoothly except toward the end there was an account or profile set-up step that worked for six hours w/o resolution so we finally aborted. The printer mostly works fine, as before, though it still is cutting off on the right some Word documents with imbedded screen grabs or photos that show normally in the print preview. The one PDF that we were having trouble printing did print out correctly. I am giving up at this point, as this printer is in the home of my elderly mother and I can work around the rare occasion when something refuses to print correctly. She paid less than $100 for the printer and I have already invested about $500 in my time trying to fix what is a relatively minor problem.

If there is a safe way to get HP technical support under warranty,  please let me know. The last two times we reached HP tech support we were overwhelmed by an India-based scammer who took over our laptops and tried to tell us we had hundreds of viruses on our computers. Thankfully, we were able to disconnect them before they could do any damage or install malware or ask for payment. A scary and really awful experience.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Snowdancer55,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Are you copy pasting or snipping and pasting the images on the word document? If yes, then I recommend you save the image on the computer then add it to the word document and check.

Here is how you can get in touch with the tech support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.