Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Lenovo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys! I've read that this is happening to many people. When I try to print, I'm not getting the option of printing in color. Even in the advance settings theres not option for priniting in color/grayscale. The printer prints in black and white only. When I print the printer dianostics page, it does print in color so the printer seems to be fine. I'm guessing its a software issue. I've re-installed the drivers and done everything I read on the other pages. Can anyone help me out please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Verel,

I've had the exact same problem, though a little more complicated.

I own a desktop PC while my gf has a laptop, both run the exact same OS and are connected to the same WiFi home network. My brand new printer, a HP DJ 4535 is also connected to this network.

Long story short, I installed the printer on both devices via WiFi, PC worked fine from the beginning, but I could not get a colored page out of the laptop. Originally, the most recent driver was automatically installed on both devices, everything was the same, yet the laptop had the same problem you have.

I found numerous forum discussions connected to this very same problem, and as much as it pains me to admit, HP support seems kind of vague about this problem that might potentially affect many users.

Anyways, I do hope HP support sees this entry, because I found a way to resolve the problem, or a workaround, really, that might lead them to an ultimate solution.

What you should do is delete everything from your PC that's HP, including drivers and softwares. You may follow the steps written by @The_Fossette as a reply to your original post to make sure you do it correctly. Then, get your CD that came with the printer and simply run the setup and install everything from there. This might give you an older version of the printer's driver, that's true, hence "workaround", but it will most likely solve your problem and frankly, I've noticed no differences between the UI and/or the funcionality on my PC and laptop.

It would appear that the problem is connected strictly to the software, something's clearly wrong with the latest drivers, so I hope this gives an idea to the devs to resolve this issue.

Also, I hope this helps you.

Let me know if it worked.

Regards,

Istvan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Verel,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues printing in color.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow below steps and check if it helps.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey @Verel,

I've had the exact same problem, though a little more complicated.

I own a desktop PC while my gf has a laptop, both run the exact same OS and are connected to the same WiFi home network. My brand new printer, a HP DJ 4535 is also connected to this network.

Long story short, I installed the printer on both devices via WiFi, PC worked fine from the beginning, but I could not get a colored page out of the laptop. Originally, the most recent driver was automatically installed on both devices, everything was the same, yet the laptop had the same problem you have.

I found numerous forum discussions connected to this very same problem, and as much as it pains me to admit, HP support seems kind of vague about this problem that might potentially affect many users.

Anyways, I do hope HP support sees this entry, because I found a way to resolve the problem, or a workaround, really, that might lead them to an ultimate solution.

What you should do is delete everything from your PC that's HP, including drivers and softwares. You may follow the steps written by @The_Fossette as a reply to your original post to make sure you do it correctly. Then, get your CD that came with the printer and simply run the setup and install everything from there. This might give you an older version of the printer's driver, that's true, hence "workaround", but it will most likely solve your problem and frankly, I've noticed no differences between the UI and/or the funcionality on my PC and laptop.

It would appear that the problem is connected strictly to the software, something's clearly wrong with the latest drivers, so I hope this gives an idea to the devs to resolve this issue.

Also, I hope this helps you.

Let me know if it worked.

Regards,

Istvan

HP Recommended

Hi @Istvan

You are a legend! Installing using the CD worked! I had tried everything. And yes this is purely a software related issue. I'm guessing the latest software online has a bug and the old software works fine. I purposely opted not to install HP update as well so the software does not get updated. Thanks!

Regards,

Verel 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.