Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team , I am from India.

Recently I refilled my color 46 catridge for my 4729 all in one printer. After replacing printer is not detecting the cartridge.Please help me out

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Achyut414 Greetings from the HP Community!

There's something you should know about using re-fills:

You can use it, however, do you want to? 
Buyers Laboratory Inc. tested the performance of Original HP ink cartridges vs. remanufactured (refilled) brands. The results: Original HP ink cartridges far surpassed ink refills in both print quality and reliability.

• 37% of tested refilled ink cartridges failed during use or right out of the box. Original HP ink cartridges worked every time.*

• Original HP ink cartridges printed up to twice the pages—on average—than refilled cartridges tested.*

• Refilled ink cartridges tested produced more than 18 times more wasted pages – on average – than Original HP ink cartridges.*

• When tested, refilled ink cartridges offer no cost per page advantage over Original HP ink.*

*Based on a Buyers Laboratory Inc. 2014 study commissioned by HP for the on-average performance of cartridges refilled and remanufactured by leading refill service providers compared to Original HP ink cartridges (60XL Black, 60XL Color, 61XL Black, 61XL Color, 74XL Black, 75XL Color, 564XL Black, 564XL Cyan, 564XL Magenta, 564XL Yellow, 950XL Black, 951XL Cyan, 951 XL Magenta and 951XL Yellow ) sold in North America.

See Original HP Ink Cartridges vs Refilled (in English) for more information.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi .. Thank you for the support.

Could you please tell me how to hard reset the printer (HP Deskjet 4729 All in One)

HP Recommended

Hi @Achyut414

Please try these steps -

1) Take out the cartridges. 
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall. 
3) Wait for 30 seconds.  
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector. 
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.