02-10-2020 10:15 AM - edited 02-10-2020 10:17 AM
I had installed a brand new HP Deskjet 5085 with HP Genuine cartridges. Printer is up to date with latest firmware
The print out comes chopped off (atleast an inch of material is chopped off) at the top of the page
I am attaching the scan of one of the sample printouts. But everyprint out comes the same way.
Experts please help
02-12-2020 12:49 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
- Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
- Also, try printing a test report from the printer to check if the issue persists
On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .
Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.
Align the printer
Perform step 12 from this document.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step:
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee