02-05-2020 06:11 AM
Hi I recently replaced the cartridges in my HP5552 Deskjet Printer (from a reputable re-manufacturer - sorry, Im not prepared to pay HP's exorbitant prices as I could buy a new printer for that) and they worked fine for about 3 prints. Now I get the yellow flashing print cartridge light. Ive tired unplugging my printer , waiting and reconnecting, Ive tried HP's diagnostic system which tells me that I have a printer cartridge problem. What I want to do is clean the printer heads, but HP printer assistant no longer works /allows me to do that.
02-07-2020 01:20 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer has an orange blinking light and you are unable to print.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
02-09-2020 07:53 AM
Thank you for your suggestion but I tried this and there was no change. I then took out the black cartridge (leaving the colour one in) and the orange cartridge light went out on closing the cartridge access cover. The light went back on after i returned the cartridge to the printer head station. I cleaned off all the electrical contact dots on the black cartridge and the mating printer contacts with IPA and returned the cartridge to the printer - all works fine at present. Please would you let your management know that the punters are getting wise to how much HP are charging for printer ink and recommendations are circulating to not buy HP printers. A set of new cartridges for my HP5552 would have cost me well over £60 in Tesco and I can buy a new printer plus for that.
02-10-2020 12:11 PM
I am glad to know that the printer is working fine now and I will surely pass on your feedback to the appropriate team within HP.
If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.
I am an HP Employee