Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Setup using HP Smart wont complete. I get a popup screen that is nothing but white. I think it is a user agreement screen but cant click on anything or see anything. I have already agreed to everything on both my phone and website.

Anyway, Using HP Smart going thru setup it sees my printer but does not complete setup. Blue wifi light just blinks.

I managed on my phone to get as far as entering my wifi password but it still wont complete setup.

Dave
16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi @Burrina

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

To better assist you - 

• Is your printer connected to a home network or public network?
  • What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?
  •  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Home Network. Using Samsung Chromebook. Using 2.4 GHz

Dave
HP Recommended

Follow the steps to connect the printer to the network:

-->On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button and the Resume button together for three seconds. (When Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the display stays on)  
--->Click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Wi-Fi icon.
--->Chromebook Wi-Fi setting 
--->Select your printer with DIRECT in the name from the list of available networks (example: DIRECT-74-HP Deskjet3755).
--->Select the Wi-Fi Direct printer signal in Wi-Fi settings 
-->If prompted for a password, type 12345678. This is the default password to log in.
--->Now open a browser and type 192.168.223.1
--->you will be able to access the printer's EWS page 
--->on the page, you will find network - click on it 
--->go to wireless and select wireless setup wizard
--->now select the network that you want your printer to connect to and put in the password 
--->the printer will have solid blue light if it's connected 
--->then connect your chrome book back to your network

Try and print 

You may also refer to -Printing from a Chromebook

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

No Luck with that.

HPScreenshot.pngPrepareNetwork.png

Dave
HP Recommended

Cant use 3 dots when setting up printer using browser, it does not see a printer.

Using HP Smart app it see the printer but stalls and shows a white screen with nothing on it as per picture and setup cant continue.

My printer does not even show up in the list ??? Why not???

I have WPS turned on via my router.

The blue light does not stay lit, it just blinks no matter what.

Dave
HP Recommended

Technician changed my router and no luck either. It is a dual Ghz router for both 2.4 & 5Ghz bandwiths.

I use the 2.4 which my printer ONLY works with but maybe my router is sending 5 Ghz signal??

Maybe I dont understand this and I am not correct.

Anyway, just as before using Smart setup it does not find my printer and when I add a new printer it hangs when trying to setup 2nd phase. It does however find the printer but unable to find the IP.

Blue light just flashes.

ANY suggestions ???

Dave
HP Recommended

What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?

Please print a network configuration page and share the results.

Press and hold the wireless button and information button for 3 seconds.

Try printing from HP Chrome App

HP Recommended

Steady blinking. Can print test page, sorry, no ink left.

Dave
HP Recommended

Are both your cartridges low?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.