Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Just the black cartridge. However that is not the issue. Wifi is the issue. Cant complete setup, wont see printer.

See previous posts.

Thanks,

Dave
HP Recommended

Were you able to enter the EWS page of the printer and select the wireless setup wizard option?

Are you able to connect to the printer via wifi direct?

If you could print the network configuration page, it might be helpful. 

The page will give the IP address to check the connectivity.

HP Recommended

Connecting directly is useless. After unplugging I still have no wireless printer. I have the ip address of the printer but cant access it since the wifi is not working. I dont have money right now for ink. 

EWS ??? There is only setup mode on this printer. HP Smart cant find the printer and occasionally when it does, setup does not complete. Chromebook print wont work either. 

Dave
HP Recommended

Press the wireless and cancel button for 3 seconds to restore the network and then follow the steps to connect the printer to the network.

--->On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button and the Resume button together for three seconds. (When Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the display stays on)  
--->Click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Wi-Fi icon.
--->Chromebook Wi-Fi setting 
--->Select your printer with DIRECT in the name from the list of available networks (example: DIRECT-74-HP Deskjet3755).
--->Select the Wi-Fi Direct printer signal in Wi-Fi settings 
-->If prompted for a password, type 12345678. This is the default password to log in.
--->Now open a browser and type 192.168.223.1
--->you will be able to access the printer's EWS page 
--->on the page, you will find network - click on it 
--->go to wireless and select wireless setup wizard
--->now select the network that you want your printer to connect to and put in the password 
--->the printer will have solid blue light if it's connected 
--->then connect your chrome book back to your network

Try and print 

HP Recommended

None of that works. I cant get past the setup process. It does NOT see my printer. Blue light does NOT stay lit. Cant access printer site. PLEASE read previous posts.

Nothing works.

Dave
HP Recommended

Thanks everyone for trying to help but I am abandoning this issue with no result.

My printer is now 2 weeks out of warranty and despite my best efforts there is no solution to be found.

I have followed all of the advice given here and also the instructions from the manual.

I give up and will buy another printer, NOT a HP printer I can assure you.

If I had a Linux, Windows or Mac PC, no doubt I would have no problems but I am stuck with this useless Chromebook for now.

Thanks Again,

P.S. I can't mark as resolved since that is not true nor will I visit this issue again.

Dave
HP Recommended

@Burrina

Apologies for the inconvenience. I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance. 

Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.