DMon707
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet D1341 firmware failure?

HP Deskjet D1341
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

This printer has served me well for years, but a few years ago began malfunctioning when receiving a print order. The printer would begin slamming its print cartridge from side to side violently (with the message "filter failed") until unplugged and replugged, and would only accept a print order while in its warm-up stage. Growing tired of this "extra step" I tried disconnecting the system for a long period, with the power cord disconnected at both ends, per advice on the company's website. That worked, at first, but then it didn't and disconnecting and reconnecting for a long period didn't help. Finally, it began slamming from side to side when first unplugged and replugged, so that the process had to be completed twice before it would stop slamming and accept a print order in its warm up stage.

Using the company's self-help resources, I have isolated the problem to the printer. But it doesn't seem there is a firmware solution available. Should I toss the printer and buy new or is there something i haven't tried?

1 REPLY 1
DMon707
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet D1341 firmware failure?

For the benefit of anyone else who hangs on to their old Deskjet printer, I have just found a solution to this annoying glitch:

Turn the printer off after every use. When the printer is off, the new print command automatically turns it back on and, for some reason , avoids the "filter" failed problem that sets the machine rocketing from side to side. Not a complete fix, but saves a lot of plugging and unplugging from the wall socket and a lot of violent pounding by the machine.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation