Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet D1560
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The other colours are also wrong -  e.g. green is grey. all are wrong on real document prints. I read an idea online that a Windows 10 update may have affected it. I've tried new ink (genuine HP as always) and the 3 levels of cleaning the jets; I even soaked the base of the ink cartridge in water - all to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HE_D1560

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet D1560 Printer. I read that the printer is facing print quality issues. The blue color prints as pink. The test pages print fine. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

The evidence points towards a software issue because the test pages print fine. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

Please try to print and you could try printing from multiple application check the printing. If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from the root level and then reinstall. The below steps should help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this HP link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@HE_D1560

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet D1560 Printer. I read that the printer is facing print quality issues. The blue color prints as pink. The test pages print fine. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

The evidence points towards a software issue because the test pages print fine. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

Please try to print and you could try printing from multiple application check the printing. If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from the root level and then reinstall. The below steps should help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this HP link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

To MKazi

Thank you for your suport.

I've Removed Device (could not 'uninstall') but having x2 Removed Device it finally went. Now have downloaded and installld drivers as per your link , thanks, But when I tried test print, it said the printer is offline 

During the installtion, it did warn me if virus checker installed may cause problems, but I do not know how to turn off my nod32 virus checker and didn't want to risk it either; it also said scripts would not work https://script.damandbase.com/GL7uEWS.min.js

but it then said printer installation was complete.

Can you help, please?

HP Recommended

Hi again,

After following some advice from the HP Print and Scan Doctor, it has now printed the  document I tried to print- but only the coloured llinks printed - still pink instead of blue!

Also a test print  page only prints the logo and title in a light purple and no more.

-during the reinstallation,  it  did warn me the bLack ink was low, so I will now buy a black ink then retry!

but if you have an idea how to correct the colour issue please - which I bought new and only did about 5 pages test printing  - that colour ink (HP genuine)  surely should not be run out!!!?

Helen

HP Recommended

To MKazi  - I bought new HP black ink and fitted it - and now colour and black are all printing fine!  Thank you.   I will also click Accept Answer. Before I do, I will say this -

It helped that I saw on another query that to print black properly, the colour cartridge is also needed. I guessed that the same may apply to needing a nice full black ink to print colour properly.

I have for years bought the X size large black inks but the HP Deskjet D1560 printer cannot tell me when they are getting empty as it can with the normal size; so I’ve now bought the normal size.

By the way, re. your advice how to Remove Device and get it back. It was pretty clear, but there was no way to Uninstall it. I did Remove Device x 2 as after first time it was still there. The whole business took about 3 hrs.  I chose not to keep the tick (check) for Bing as I detest it and I also unchecked a couple of other bits I did not want.

It worked in the end, thank you, once I bought the new black ink too. Might that also be because these inks have new heads?

Can you say – you said it sounded like a “software issue” – what does that mean?  Was this caused by a Window 10 update? i.e. will it happen again?

Thank you.

Helen

HP Recommended

@HE_D1560

You're most welcome Helen. 🙂

I must say that the technical steps can only be provided. But it was you who performed the steps to perfection. 

Initially, I thought it was a software issue because the test page printed fine as per your first post. 

Yes, the printer does use some amount of other colors to produce the black color. Unless you select the printer to print in black color only by selecting this in the print settings.

Now that you have replaced the cartridge, it does not seem to be a software issue and the Win10 update should not cause any issues.

Please do not hesitate to reachout for any questions. I was a privilege to share this platform with you. 

I hope you have a great time printing. Happy printing! 🙂

HP Recommended

I am still puzzled why those test pages printed fine. Yet the black ink ran out so soon afterwards, so maybe it was that all along... Anyway, it is sorted now. Thank you!

HP Recommended

@HE_D1560

It is quite possible that the printer could have used the tri color cartridge to produce the black ink. Sometimes, when the black cartridge is low or out fo ink, the printer uses the tri color cartridge to form the black ink.

Hope this answers your question. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

No, I was asking the opposite, whether black was necessary to print colours correctly.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.