Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet F4280
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I was just recently gifted this printer, brand new and still in the box. I downloaded the software and put in clean, full, new cartridges. It is scanning just fine, and sounds like it should be running properly, however whenever I go to print an image it does not print anythng besides a blank page. I am not sure what to do, as I have looked at other message boards, and it seems no ones problem with this has been solved. Any tips? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This printer is quite an old one and probably the liquid ink inside cartridge dried and nothing is coming out on the paper.

Check the expiration date it is imprinted on each ink cartridge on the side pointing to you when you open printers cartridge access door if they are too old they need to be replaced.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.