05-20-2020 04:08 PM
When it starts printing the head does one pass nad waits for a couple of minutes, then moves the paper further a nother centimeter and prints a stripe, then stalls for another minute or soe. It ends up printing 1 page every 30 minutes or so.
Scanner works fine. I have tried
- printing out the test page ( it has the same effect,m very slow printing)
- juggling the power plug and carying it is plugged to the wall
- removing the ink and plug it in back again
- reinstalling the drivers
I'm on MacOS Catalina
05-28-2020 05:08 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
There is no firmware update available for this model printer due to its age.
Kindly refer to this document to resolve slow printing issues on the printer.
As you have mentioned, printing a test page also has the same issue, this is a hardware issue with the printer.
Check if there are any jams inside the printer and make sure the print carriage is moving freely.
Refer to the steps here
I hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee