Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The printer is running paper through like it is printing normally, but nothing actually prints on the paper. The paper comes out blank. The cartridges are both new (only been used to print a few things since we bought them), but the ink monitor shows that one of the cartridges is almost empty. I have tried restarting the printer and laptop, downloading and updating drivers, running the cleaning and adjustment options for the ink cartridges, and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is still doing the same thing. Is there anything else I can do to try to fix it from home?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @lexyshoe

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand the printer is printing blank pages. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Are you using HP ink cartridges?
  • Try making a standalone copy in black and color to check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve print quality issues.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We are using HP ink cartridges. I double checked the number on the cartridges with the ink number on the printer, and they are matching.

I made a standalone copy in black and color, but the paper is still coming out blank.

HP Recommended

@lexyshoe

Thank you for the response. If you have tried the steps mentioned in this document and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, I followed those steps, and when I enter the serial number and finish Step 3, it brings me to a blank webpage with no option for choosing a country.

Also side note- Just to confirm, I need to enter the Serial Number, not the Product Number, correct? Because I tried both to see if I was entering the wrong number, and both numbers gave me the blank screen.

HP Recommended

@lexyshoe

I have sent a private message with the details to contact the HP Support team. Kindly check the same.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.