02-11-2020 02:13 PM
HP Deskjet F4400 yellow light blinks, new ink was either defective or printer is malfunctioning. Don't want to waste more new ink, if malfunction is the reason. How the heck to find out?
02-13-2020 03:39 PM
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please try the following steps and let me know if that helps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and clean the electrical contacts with a lint free cloth
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
Also ensure the printer has the latest Firmware. Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168
Keep me posted how it goes
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
02-14-2020 01:54 PM
I'm glad to know the printer is printing fine right now
Regarding the blinking light issue we could try a Semi Full Reset and check if that works
Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent you a private message with the next course of action
Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.
Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope
I Am An HP Employee