02-01-2020 03:56 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started?
- Did it happen recently after replacing the ink cartridges?
- Are you using genuine HP Ink cartridges or refilled cartridges?
- Have you tried to clean the ink cartridge contacts as well as the printhead?
- Are you able to make a copy from the printer?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.
- Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
- Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.
Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose the “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.
If the copy comes out bad, this clearly indicates a possible hardware failure with the printer. Before you could contact our HP phone support for further assistance, I would suggest you follow these steps here:
I would suggest you follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Inkjet Printers - 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays
Alternatively, you can also go through this link: HP Deskjet 3540, ENVY 4500 Printers - Black Ink Not Printing and other Print Quality Issues
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee