Level 1
14 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer won't print in color

HP ENVY 4520 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have looked at the suggestions from others in the community, but could not find a solution.

My printer is suddenly printing only in Black and White (grayscale).

I have tried everything on your site and in the preference, but there is no place that gives me a choice between grayscale or color.

There is nothing there to choose from.

There used to be a choice, so I could switch between grayscale and color, but there is no longer a place to choose.

Can anyone help me/ i would appreciate any help.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
chainsaw64
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my 4520. I found a solution on these forums that worked for me after 3 days of messing around with it and buying a new 3830 OfficeJet printer (new printer didn't solve issue). I had to change the driver. I'm thinking the problem is from Windows updates. Copied from the post I found...

"I finally found a solution! I have an HP Deskjet 4729, and out of the blue it suddenly stopped printing in colour. Its very easy to fix. Go to Control Panel>Devices and Printers>Right Click on your printer>Go to Printer Properties>Advanced Tab>Change the driver to any one>Click on OK
Now try to print out a picture. It won't work. (*It did work for me.)
Follow the steps above and change the driver back to the original
Now try to print. It will be in colour!"

I did this by changing the print driver from the HP 3830 driver to "Microsoft IPP Class Driver" and now my printer prints in color normally.

0 Kudos
LadyTaz63
Level 1
14 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, it didn't work for me.

Also, there is no longer a choice for grayscale or color. That is gone. I have uninstalled my device and then re installed it and nothing helps

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation