01-31-2020 05:58 AM
Today, and without any system upgrades etc., my ENVY 4520 started printing multiple copies of the requested print job. The error occurred while printing a PDF. Here is what I already tried, without any results:
- Used Acrobat Prof. as well as Preview for printing the document
- Tested other document
- Restarted printer and Mac
- Deinstalled the printer and installed again
- Factory reset of printer
Can you help me with that?
Thanks a lot in advance
02-03-2020 11:44 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Does the issue persists after restating the devices?
Clear the print queue
Close Apple Image Capture, HP Easy Scan, and HP Scan, if they are open.
Click on the Apple icon > System preferences > Printers and scanners > Click on your printer > Open print queue
Click on the x to delete the job.
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Also, check for any software updates on MAC
Click here to know how.
If the issue persists, performing a semi full reset on he printer may help.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee