01-13-2020 06:17 AM
Error message says "Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink". None of their plans suit my printing pattern (some months I may print 40 sheets other months print only 2. I had signed up for not using one of their plans and now get this irritating message. The Virtual Assistant gives no help at all and no-one from HP has phoned back to offer support and advice on this. How can we get this sorted?
01-15-2020 09:35 AM - edited 01-15-2020 09:38 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
The ink cartridges installed in the printer, are they Instant Ink cartridges or regular ink cartridges?
Is this printer enrolled in Instant Ink? or have you canceled it?
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Restart web services
Refer to this document to know how to turn off web services and then turn it back ON.
If the issue persists, restart the network devices
- Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
- Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
- Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-16-2020 05:55 AM
I had mistakenly inserted Instant Ink cartridge (I have another printer that is enrolled) in the Envy that isn't enrolled in instant ink.
Changed cartridge to correct one and all sorted now.
Thank you so much for your reply