02-07-2020 07:20 PM
When I start up my printer, it comes up with "Service Station Stalled" and written under that is "Touch the OK button to have the printer automatically attempt its recovery process". When I touch the OK button the printer goes through a cartridge move from side to side and then the same screen notification comes up. Anyone come across this before?
02-11-2020 03:35 AM
@Stormboy70, Welcome to HP Support Community!
This could be a carriage related issue, follow the steps below-
Reset the printer-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Update the printer firmware-
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue persists, provide me with the details-
Does the carriage move or is it stalled?
Did you make any changes to the printer recently?
If the carriage is stalled, it could be a hardware failure. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee