Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought Dell Inspirion 15 3000 (laptop Intel Core i3, Windows 10 Home). I connected "HP ENVY 5530 e-all-in-one-printer series" through  printer add in Windows 10. I can print photos but any Word documents print blank page.

I uninstalled and reinstalled printer. I also downloaded HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose the printer problems. No errors were detected but I cannot print Word documents still. Please help!

Thank you.

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @CY10 ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

@CY10 wrote:

I can print photos but any Word documents print blank page.

Does the printer make printing noises when you try to print a Word document?

Please try a copy directly on the printer. Does the copy contains black ink?

I believe there is a problem with the black cartridge.

Best,

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @CY10 ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

@CY10 wrote:

I can print photos but any Word documents print blank page.

Does the printer make printing noises when you try to print a Word document?

Please try a copy directly on the printer. Does the copy contains black ink?

I believe there is a problem with the black cartridge.

Best,

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. 

Black and color cartridge work perfectly when I print photos and PDFs. But Word documents print either blank or fainted scratched pages.

I read windows 10 and hp printer incompatibility issue. Downloaded Envy 5530 into computer as website guided. Rebooted then tried print again but still the same result. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!! It was black Ink cartridge as you mentioned. My old laptop prints documents so I thought it's ok. But as soon as I changed Black ink cartridge new laptop prints perfect Word and Excel documents... like magic 🙂

Christine

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.