Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

HPenvy 5544  whengoing to preferences to get colour an error message - application property sheet page may not function properly

HP Recommended

Hi @Sheila861

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Did you try to install the printer using the TCP/IP port as mentioned in my previous post?

Kindly try the steps provided and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Using the IP address of the printer did work! Thank you for this suggestion!

Kumar0307 suggested this fix.

HP Recommended

@lourob

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

You may click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No. I did not think I would be able to do this myself. I am 86 and have nobody to help at the moment with not being able to have  visitors. After looking on Youtube I think I am willing to have a go.

HP Recommended

Tom

Many thanks.  Your advice got the job done.

HP Recommended

Funpalace

Glad to have been of help - my printer still seems to be working ok.

Tom

HP Recommended

No  , I didn't try as I was worried about doing it.  I did try following Youtube but I got an error message. I used print and scan doctor and it curedit.

HP Recommended

@Sheila861, @Tom4824

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

You may click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried everything in the thread, including the "Hostname" option, nothing is working. Again, if I print a test page...it prints in color. If I print the printer information from the printer, it prints in color. However, no matter what program I print from, it is still printing in grayscale. I have a box that says "Print in Grayscale", it is not selected. HELP, I am burning through the black ink trying to get this to work. It was printing in color a week ago.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.