Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Mac desktop
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I just updated my printer drivers.  I was able to print one word document double sided, but when I selected another document, it went back to single sides.  I went to the settings and reselected duplex and it again when to single.  What am I missing here?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ymasullo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Once the print settings are changed, they need to be saved as defaults for future use. Let us try these steps:

Open the document you want to print, click File, click Print, and then click Show Details, if necessary.

Click on the Unnamed menu from the drop-down menu to appear, select Layout

Image result for unnamed menu in print preview mac

Here you will find Two-sided > Choose Long edge binding

Two-Sided option with long-edge binding selected

To save your settings for future print jobs, click the Presets menu, and then select Save Current Settings as Preset.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No luck.  I tried with a pdf and got the first image, and then with a word document and got the second image.  In either case, not what you were directing me towards.Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 10.56.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-22 at 10.59.18 AM.png

I HAVE seen what you describe but it doesn't come up faithfully (as you can see).  What else can I look for?

HP Recommended

@ymasullo

When printing the Word Document under Presets select Layout and you will see the option for double sided settings

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.