12-21-2019 11:33 AM
HAS OPERATED OK FOR PAST YEAR . INADVERTLENLY REMOVED FROM COMPUTER BUT
reinstalled SATISFACTORILY Scan doctor indicates most up dated driver and installation successfu
Printer NOW SHOWS PRINTER STATUS AS DEFAULT ERROR
12-24-2019 11:07 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. It seems like an issue with the print driver. Let us try these steps:
Root uninstall and reinstallation of printer drivers:
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP OfficeJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee