DuirMayne
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Photo 7134 All-in-One Printer hangs during startup and is unresponsive

HP ENVY Photo 7134 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP ENVY Photo 7134 All-in-One Printer hangs during startup and becomes unresponsive after trying to apply the firmware update EN7100_R1829A for protection against remote code execution (As advised in HP security Bulletin HPSBHF03589 rev. 4 - HP Ink Printers Remote Code Execution - Document ID: c06097712) as advised by HP.

I received the update notification through my installed HP Support Assistant Program, downloaded the firmware patch and installed it as instructed. The update went through the installation process including installation messages being displayed on the in-printer display window. The installer then told me that the installation had failed and to cycle the power off and on again and to try again. (The in-printer display window showed a loading screen with a full progress bar and 4 out of six progress dots). I attempted cycle power but the printer would not shut down and the HP Print and Scan Doctor said t it could not find the printer. After leaving it for an hour I did a hard shutdown and restart. It returned to the same in-printer display progress screen and hung again. It does this every time I attempt to restart it. HP Print and Scan Doctor repeatedly cannot find the printer. The printer is connected to a UPS unit so I know that the power was not interrupted during installation and the printer was working fine before the update.

Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 268 362
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DuirMayne

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your printer hangs after performing Firmware Update, 

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern, as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, 

Perform Hard reset: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If the issue persists, I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Richard5311
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion, however it di not work.

0 Kudos
HardyP
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem -

macOS said the printer was "busy" over a long period of time (but that wasn´t true at all), I wasn't´t able to print any more. So I shut down the printer, and restarted.

The boot is now stuck at the 3rd bullet point everytimes I try a reboot. The progress bar above is completed, though...?!?

0 Kudos
716 707 37 82
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation