01-03-2018 01:35 PM - edited 01-03-2018 01:35 PM
We just unpacked our new HP ENVY Photo 7800 a few hours ago and worked on setting up the printer. Once we got it setup it sent out an automated "Get the Most our of Your Printer" sheet. This sheet seemed to come out normal, however the next few images and word documents we printed created waves in what was oringinally straight text. I've include this photo to demonstrate the small wave. It's happening on and off every few prints. I know there's nothing wrong with the documents we're sending. Is it standard for this to happen with the first few prints, or is it something I need to seek further assistance on?
01-04-2018 05:10 PM
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues while printing from your HP Envy Printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.
To assist you with this issue, I need to know whether the printer can make a "Photocopy" or not.
Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.
If the copy is working fine, then try the step mentioned below:
Let's try to perform Reset Printing System on Mac:
- Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
- Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
- Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
- Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
- Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
- Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list.
- Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.
- Click the “Add button” (+).
- Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
- Click “Print Using...” or “Use”, and then select Secure AirPrint or AirPrint. Alternatively, you may select the name of your printer if available in that list.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Eagerly waiting for your response!
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee