Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY5530
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My HP ENVY5530 stopped being visible from the MAC.  Nothing had changed or been reconfigured otherthan perhaps auto updates.  I tried everything to reconnect, including powering down and back up again everything from the router upwards.

I assumed the printer had failed so I bought another 5530 as I had an investment in some cartridges.  The same problem has occurred with the new printer.  Havign appeared to succesfully connnect the printer is not visible on the network.  I have tried to ping the fixed IP address 192.168.1.199 but this also fails suggesting the network connection was not established.

There a number of similar problems reported on the website and the support advice seems only to be to reboot.  This does not work.  One support channell sent a private message to the user but the audit ran dry at that point.  No ther advice have recived a "fixed" response.

As the same problem has occured with 2 x HP printers, but my Brother printer stilll works on the same network, the problem would appear to be with HP.  Please advise on this known problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BillHillyard

A warm welcome to HP Community!

Updating the printer firmware, router firmware, Mac software and then resetting the printer network settings may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) Use the steps available here to update the printer firmware.

2.) Use the steps available here to update Mac software.

3.) Access your router GUI(Graphical user interface) and update the router firmware.(Refer to router user guide for instructions)

4.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

5.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch "Setup". Touch 'Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings".

6.) Power off your printer

7.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

8.) Power on your printer.

9.) Run Wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect it back to your network.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BillHillyard

A warm welcome to HP Community!

Updating the printer firmware, router firmware, Mac software and then resetting the printer network settings may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) Use the steps available here to update the printer firmware.

2.) Use the steps available here to update Mac software.

3.) Access your router GUI(Graphical user interface) and update the router firmware.(Refer to router user guide for instructions)

4.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

5.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch "Setup". Touch 'Network Setup", touch "Restore Network Settings".

6.) Power off your printer

7.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

8.) Power on your printer.

9.) Run Wireless setup wizard on the printer to connect it back to your network.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Senan,

That last sequence of instructions appears to have done the trick.  I had previously tried various power down/up sequences but none worked.  I think maybe the restore with the network router powered off may have been key.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

@BillHillyard

You are welcome 🙂

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.