Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My HP Envy 114 printer status remains paused - the printer does not respond to changes in system preferences or pop up box. It shows as "paused" in the Printers & Scanners box from System Preferences. Clicking on the printer icon shows a pop up box where I can select "Resume" in the upper left hand of this box. And this does nothing.

Any help getting this printer to work again would be great. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@whahn8, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The print driver for HP ENVY 114 e-All-in-One Printer is not available on HP Support site for macOS 10.14. and it is not AirPrint compatible. However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Clear the print queue

Close Apple Image CaptureHP Easy Scan, and HP Scan, if they are open.

Click on the Apple icon > system preferences > Printers and scanners > select your printer > open print queue > delete all.

Restart the network devices

1. Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer/ mobile devices.
  2. Wait for 60 seconds.
  3. Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
  4. Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
  5. Turn on the computer/ mobile devices.

Check the connectivity between the printer and the MAC

Perform a ping test

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
  2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
  3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
  4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
  5. Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After doing the reboot sequence, here are the results of the Ping Test:

1. Mac - 100% packet loss

2. MacBook Air - 0% packet loss

So the Mac (which is new) isn't talking to the printer at all. The good news is that my new laptop (which has the image of my old laptop) started speaking to the printer after the reboot sequence and ping test. 

Any suggestion for getting my Mac connected to the printer?

HP Recommended

@whahn8

• Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the MAC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  • The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold the option key on your keyboard and click the WiFi icon to get detailed information.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.