Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I purchased my HP Envy 4500 printer inJuly 2013.  2 days ago, it suddenly came up with a blinking power button and on the screen is "ERROR CODE 0x83C0000A NOS_LOADER_APP".  I am using Windows 7operating system, and have no problems with this printer until now.  No problems with ink noted, checked out power cord..no problems there.  Removed software from the computer, waited an hour, then re-loaded software.  Same error codeThe printer won't work with my HP Envy laptop either.  HELP!! I need to work.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi there icki, welcome to the forumsSmiley Happy

I saw your post about the error code you are seeing on your Envy 4500. I would suggest following the guide below for this problem, which is completing a power reset.

An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x......' or 'C2......') Displays on the Front Panel When Printing

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions: click here.

Have a great day!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

After researching and finding multilevel steps that didn't work for the NOS_LOADER_APP error I decided to simply confuse the printer. I opened the printer to expose the printer cartridges and then held the power button down for about a minute and watched the screen flux in confusion. I figured one error would possibly override the other and it did in this situation. 

The printer finally responded telling me I needed to close the lid. During this process the printer cartridge, that was previously frozen, moved as it should and I was able to replace the ink. The usual ink replacement ensued and now all is well. Hope this works for others. I was about to shoot the **bleep** thing...

HP Recommended

Several months ago, my HP Envy 4500 suddenly displayed “Error code 0X83C0000A NOS_LOADER_APP”. I searched the Internet, tried all solutions that I found, and nothing worked. I was ready to dump the printer, but decided a last try today. I found Dougi44 post and did almost the same thing.

I opened the printer to expose the printer cartridges and then held the power button down for about 1 minute and watched the screen trying to start-up and as the NOS_LOADER_APP error appeared in a flux, then it restarted again. After several restart, nothing happened, and I almost gave up.

I decided to include pressing the control panels . While my left pinky pressed on the ON button, my other left fingers just randomly and continuously pressed the Home, Back, Select button. And at the same time, my rights fingers also did the similar, randomly and continuously pressed on the other control buttons, the Up, Down, and OK buttons. (to try to add more confusion to the printer).

Amazingly, the printer cartridges moved and the display told me to close the lid, and it works normally again. This is a big relief as I was about ready to dump the printer. Hope this can help others with similar problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked for me too. On the first try, the printer cartridges did not make a sound or move at all. Then I tried to hold down more buttons at the same time.  Still nothing. On the third try, the cartridges made a sound and then moved to the left. Finally I got the message to "close the lid". Printed a test page and it is good to go.

HP Recommended

This suggestion worked perfectly for me.  You guys are awesome.  Did not want to buy another printer if I did not need to since I am not a heavy printer user.

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing this solution. It helped me also!!

HP Recommended

It came back to life again using this technique!  This is such a general problem that HP ought to develop a fix for it and apologize for letting it go on for so long.  As soon as I use up my supply of HP61 ink carts I'm going to look for a replacement made by another manufacturer.

HP Recommended

Thank you all for the information. Like most of you I also reviewed all things related to this problem. By confusing the the printer ink cartridge moved freely and  close lid appeared on the screen again thank you all

HP Recommended

I got the same error and have tried reinstalling software, adding the easy load update and the hitting all the buttons trick. Nothing is working!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.