Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My printer will connect wirelessly with my MacBook to print. It appears to copy perfectly well.

However, scanning will pick up a friend's non MacBook computer and scan to it, and refuses to scan to mine. I tried printing going through System Preferences > Printer's and Scanners, tried deleting my printer and re-adding it to the print que, tried to download the drivers for Yosemite to find that the error in the print application downloaded told me that airprint was not functioning and the scan could not be completed. On my printer, my computer was never seen on the screen as one to scan to. How do I resolve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LSarah,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you cannot scan with your HP Envy 4500 printer, on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. I am happy to look into this scanning issue for you! 

Please try the steps in this guide, Connection Error Displays While Scanning, and let me know what happens!

Hope this helps! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @LSarah,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you cannot scan with your HP Envy 4500 printer, on Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. I am happy to look into this scanning issue for you! 

Please try the steps in this guide, Connection Error Displays While Scanning, and let me know what happens!

Hope this helps! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 5.04.39 PM.png

I tried the recommendations on the site, and have tried using the HP driver to scan but nothing was available - what would cause this error? I went through the printers & scanners option in system preferences and got this.

HP Recommended

In addition I get a message on the printer screen that reads 'The computer is not responding - check if the USB cable attached or the network is working properly, then try again.'

HP Recommended

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 5.23.36 PM.png

Then I get this notice, to which I tried to install the drivers. This is the driver I installed.

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 5.26.42 PM.png

To which I then tried to enable printer again, and I got this message again.

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 5.27.35 PM.png

HP Recommended

THEN FIXING THE DRIVE AND RESETTING MY COMPUTER WORKED

HOORAY THANKS

HP Recommended

How do you fix the drive and reset please.  I have the same problem.  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.