Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4504e
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Hi,

I have a HP Envy 4504e which is stuck at 'Now Printing'.  I have gone through the self service support on removing cartridges, pull power for over 60 secs, turn back on etc. but to no avail. I cannot print from Android using the HP plugin, neither can I print from Windows 10.

Tried copy function direct on the printer to no avail. The printer seems to be unable to connect to Instant Ink. I can connect to the printer successfully using the inbuilt web services web page, so I know there is no network connectivity issues.

I have  checked the warranty support and it tells me it has expired, considering I procured the printer in May 2015 it said it expired in February 2016 and was registered in December 2014. What is the default warranty period on your printers?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @_ti_mo_thy_,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues printing, copying, and accessing the instant ink. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Find out the printer's IP address and setup a manual DNS.

On the printer, go to the Wireless menu and view Wireless Details.

Complete the following steps to set a manual DNS

• Input the printer's IP address in a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer) and press Enter to access that page directly. This should take you to your printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS). 
  • Click on the Network tab.
  • In the left sub-menu, click Networking.
  • Next, click on Network Address (IP). 
  • Click on Manual DNS Server. 
  • Input Manual Preferred DNS as 8.8.8.8 
  • Input Alternate DNS Server as 8.8.4.4 
  • Click on Apply to finalize this change.  
  • Note that the above noted EWS menu headings may vary across printer models. If you don't see the exact headings I've listed here, the sub-heading you need should still appear under the Networking tab.  

Next, touch the Webservices icon ePrint.gifor ePrint 2 icon.pngand re-enable your web services (necessary for the scan to emailePrint, and other features). 

Restart the Android and the computer.

Try printing again.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi _ti_mo_thy,

I'd like to help with your issue.

I would recommend downloading the most updated firmware. There was a release for the Envy 4500 series on 13 September, 2016, and it might resolve your printing problem.

Here is a link to the Software and Drivers page for the Envy 4500, and this document can help with the installation: Getting Printer Updates for HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540, 4640, HP ENVY 4500, and HP Officejet 4630....

If you have issues downloading the update through wireless, you can also update via a USB connection from your computer.

Here is a link to the printer manual to answer your warranty question. The warranty info is on page 6.

TheCurmudgeon
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Greetings @_ti_mo_thy_,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues printing, copying, and accessing the instant ink. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Find out the printer's IP address and setup a manual DNS.

On the printer, go to the Wireless menu and view Wireless Details.

Complete the following steps to set a manual DNS

• Input the printer's IP address in a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer) and press Enter to access that page directly. This should take you to your printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS). 
  • Click on the Network tab.
  • In the left sub-menu, click Networking.
  • Next, click on Network Address (IP). 
  • Click on Manual DNS Server. 
  • Input Manual Preferred DNS as 8.8.8.8 
  • Input Alternate DNS Server as 8.8.4.4 
  • Click on Apply to finalize this change.  
  • Note that the above noted EWS menu headings may vary across printer models. If you don't see the exact headings I've listed here, the sub-heading you need should still appear under the Networking tab.  

Next, touch the Webservices icon ePrint.gifor ePrint 2 icon.pngand re-enable your web services (necessary for the scan to emailePrint, and other features). 

Restart the Android and the computer.

Try printing again.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02,

I didn't make the changes to the static IP or DNS, as they were picking the correct address from DHCP. I did however turn off webservices and re-enable it again. I can now print successfully.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Tim

HP Recommended

Hi TheCurmudgeon,

Thank you. I did try to update the firmware but it was at the version you specified. One of your support colleagues provided a solution to disabled and enable webservices, which cured the problem I was seeing.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Tim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.