01-06-2019 02:39 PM
HP Envy 4520 freezes; have to unplug power to reset. Happens daily.
01-06-2019 03:04 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I failed to mention that this problem happens to the printer when it is idle, and is not about scanning. When I try to print after an overnight, or a few hours, this problem will often appear. The printer does not print and will not respond to any input on the touchscreen, and the power button does not work.
01-08-2020 09:07 AM
@crvsamson Welcome to HP Community!
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did any software changes or updates happen for the printer?
- Is the printer able to make a copy?
- Which operating system you are using?
Meanwhile, I did some research on this case suggest you perform the following steps:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected to the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!