02-08-2020 11:06 AM
Like many others that have reported this problem, our HP Envy 4520 refuses to print in color from our Windows 10 machine. It prints fine on our older Win 7 machine. The drivers are all up to date. The HP print tools have been run. Drivers have been deleted and re-installed multiple times. No fix. It seems that the common "fix" to this problem is to install the old drivers from the original CD, but we cannot locate the CD at this time. Has HP fixed the software bug in the driver? Is there a workout while we wait for this to be solved?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-11-2020 03:38 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
Please try adding the printer using the IP address -
1.) Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2.) Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3.) Select “Add a printer or scanner“.
4.) Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5.) Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6.) Select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7.) Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8.) Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
02-11-2020 03:38 PM
The following did NOT work:
1. Uninstalled prior printers setup via Settings > Printers and Scanners
2. Turned printer ON to get TCP/IP address
3. Followed steps as you suggested
4. At your steps 3-4, found "HP4915BC (HP Envy 4520 Series)... but still selected "The printer I want is not listed"
5. Followed remaining steps such that Settings > Printers and Scanners now listed both
a) new HP 4520 Series and
b) previously found HP4915BC (HPEnvy 4520 Series) under 'Printers and Scanners'
6. With attempt to print a page received message "Error Printing on HP4915BC (HP Envy 4520 Series) The printer couldn't print....."
What next ?
02-12-2020 02:54 AM
Please try these steps -
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
I am an HP Employee