05-31-2020 05:32 AM
I have researched all I can find online and these forums without any fix.
Out of warranty of course.
I can print test pages and diagnostics that will show color but nothing else.
Web pages, pics, etc; only black.
Printer preferences show no color options.
Tried multiple drivers from HP and Windows, same.
Un-installed printer and re-installed.
4th color cartridge to ensure that is not issue.
MANY cleaning cycles, deep cleans etc.
Yes, a GENUINE HP cartridge installed now with only a few test pages of use.
I see same issue for past few years.
Previous solutions accepted as fixes have not helped this.
Anything else possible???
Thanks In Advance appreciate it !!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-03-2020 10:52 AM
@rschap1, Welcome to HP Support Community!
If the printer is connected wireless, follow the steps below-
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. elect “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
06-03-2020 11:02 AM
As mentioned: removed device and re-installed multiple times.
Deleted programs and drivers, tried updated drivers, and everything else many times over past few weeks.
Still ONLY black and white.
Tried 4 different color cartridges.
Printers Advanced Preferences and Properties show no options for black and white, grey scale, or color printing.
Color comes out when printing test and status pages.
06-04-2020 03:36 AM
Steps were so similar to installing new/different drivers that I expected same results.
VERY nice to have this fixed finally.
Just wish I hadn't taken almost a month, over $100 in ink cartridges and so much trouble getting here.
Hopefully never again.
Appreciate the fix finally ! ! !
07-01-2020 11:02 AM
I had the same problem. Thank you my problem is solved. Now I have two WLAN-primters ENVY 4520 on my Laptop. One for printing and the other for scanning. The two printers have different names.