Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4527
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem with my printer (HP Envy 4527). I just bought myself a new laptop (Lenovo 80TV) and i installed my printer on my new device.

The problem now is that i can scan but not print. Even when i connect the printer with a USB cable to my laptop it doesn't print. I already tried several things to solve the problem but so far without succes.

The printer is recognized by the laptop, drivers are up to date, the printer is set as default, it's in the same network (when i ping i get a reply) and i already emptied the spooler cache. I also tried to run the scan and print doctor from HP and it says everytime that there's is something wrong with the software and that i have to download it again. I already did that about 5 times but also without succes.

Now i'm out of ideas so it would be great if someone could help me with this problem? 😉

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@PJ1978

Happy New Year!

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that your HP ENVY 4527 All-in-One Printer is able to scan and cannot print. The issue persists via a USB and wireless connection. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

Is the printer able to make a photocopy? If yes then it indicates the printer's hardware and ink cartridges are fine.

Are the ink levels good?

Meanwhile, please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 

If the issue persists then let us uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi,

Happy new year to you too!

Thanks  fot the reply and trying to fix my problem but after following all your steps the printer still isn't working. The same problem stays, i can scan but cannot print.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@PJ1978

Glad to have you back. You're most welcome. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience.

Please try installing the basic printer drivers via this link.

Secondly, if the issue persists then you may try to install the inbuilt printer drivers form the Windows operating system. Please perform the steps mentioned under "Step 3: Install the print driver with the Add a Printer wizard" from this HP document.

Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a printing problem with my printer - HP ENVY 4527. It had been working brilliantly until a few days ago when all of a sudden it just wouldn't print from my computer. It does print from the point of view of printing out information such as 'wireless quick start guide' and  'wireless network results'. It also continues to copy.

I have no idea how to fix this even though it is probably something simple.

I need some help on this.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.