Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5030
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I purchased this printer (HP Envy 5030) two weeks ago.  Since then it has developed a fault in that it prints a thin black vertical line down the left  hand side of the second sheet of paper - not the first.  As it does not do this on page 1 and the printer is brand new, I assume the printer does not need cleaning and the fault lies somewhere in the settings?  Is there a way of fixing this or do I return it to the supplier for a replacement?  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @Grannyraggy, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand when you print from your printer you get black vertical lines.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application or a different brand paper?

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

As you mentioned when you print from your printer you get black vertical lines.

Try few steps recommended below.

If there are no issues copying from your printer. Try uninstalling the drivers from root level from your PC and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Link to update the full feature printer software.

If the issue persists while making a copy from your printer try cleaning the ink cartridges and check if it helps.

Use the printer control panel to clean the ink cartridges, and then evaluate the results.

   note:

To avoid issues that require cleaning, always turn the printer off with the Power button.

1.Load plain paper into the input tray.

2.On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

3.Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges.

4.The printer performs the automated cleaning process and then prints a Print Quality Diagnostic page.

•If the print quality is acceptable, you can stop troubleshooting.

•If the print quality is unacceptable, touch OK for a Second-level Cleaning when prompted to continue the next level of cleaning.

   note:

If the ink cartridge nozzles are badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform both levels of cleaning again.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues with your printer.

If the issue still persists try replacing the ink cartridge on your printer.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Does this occur on every print job or only one particular print job?

Are you able to attached an image of the issue? 

“I am an HP employee”
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  As I had only puurchased this printer two weeks previously and not being techie, I  returned it back to Argos who swapped it  for another model - in case it  was an inbuilt fault with the model  I had originally purchased.

I suspect,but am not sure, that the  fault started when my computer ran an upgrade to Windows 10,  

HP Recommended

Hi!

My printer has now this same issue. Always when printing more then 1 copy of the same page all other prints then the first one have black line in left side of the page. Printer is HP Envy 5020. What could be the cause of this? I tried uninstall and install already. First page is fine and if I print only one page problem does not exist. Same happens if I have document, which has in example 3 pages. First page does not have the line but 2nd and 3rd one has..

HP Recommended

@Erja

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this also happen while copying? Does this happen with all the documents that you try printing from the Computer?

Do you have the same Printer as mentioned? What is the Operating System on your Computer?

Thanks

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, It happened always when printing from computer. Did not try copy function of the printer. In the end I downloaded and installed these drivers once more:

Type:Driver-Product Installation Software

Version:44.4.2678

Operating systems:Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:Apr 9, 2019

File name:EN5000_Full_WebPack_44.4.2678.exe (127.5 MB)

After that the problem disapeared.

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.