01-26-2020 12:56 PM
I have replaced both ink cartridges but printer is not recognizing that nor is it printing an alignment page
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-29-2020 08:26 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the new cartridges are not recognized on the printer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
Are you using HP genuine cartridges?
Are you getting any error on the printer?
Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, then update the printer firmware following the steps in the below article.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
01-29-2020 11:51 AM
Thanks to those who responded. I had replaced the cartridges in the past with HP 60 and they worked fine. However, in researching I found that HP 5055 uses HP 65 which is not readily available in the stores. When I replaced with the HP 65 cartridges that I had taken out some time ago, the printer does recognize them. Am awaiting a shipment of new HP 65 and will let you know if printer functions as it should.
01-30-2020 10:44 AM
01-31-2020 07:15 AM
I installed both HP 65 cartridges. The alignment page was printed automatically, was scanned and cartridges aligned. Printer is working!!!
This was my mistake but I certainly appreciate your attempt to help.