02-06-2020 04:16 PM
My HP Envy 5530 is very noisy when printing. It's a squeaky/grinding sound. I've already cleaned the rollers. Is there a way to lubricate anything?
02-10-2020 03:39 AM
@mmother, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Noise issues on the printer could be due to any obstruction in the paper path or the worn-out rollers. Lubrication is not an option on the printer.
You can try to remove and reinstall the ink cartridges, also, check for any jams in the printer.
Reset the printer-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee