Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Envy 5540 unable to print in color

HP Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Have spent hours online to no avail. When wish to print, there is no option to print in color. Occasionally text will print in color, but images never do and text usually does not.

3 REPLIES 3
Associate Dean Associate Dean
Associate Dean
5914 5885 477 984
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Not printing in color / black could be because of ...

1. Ink Cartridges
  2. Print driver settings
  3. Full featured printer software not being installed.
  4. Printer

Try making a COLOR Copy of a document or picture, if the issue still persists, then most probably its got nothing to do with the software or print driver settings. You may have to  ensure there is enough ink in cartrdige ( atleast 25% )  and run the Clean Cartridge routine from the printer front panel for atleast 3 times.

Below is the troubleshooting document that should help in how to fix the missing color issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-5540-all-in-one-printer-series/5447939/document/c047152...

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Sapster Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried to follow the same procedure as above but to no avail. The test page prints the color components, but there are no color printing options in the print menu (the grayscale option is not listed under Advanced setting. The menu system just does not show any options for color selection.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3385 3370 168 128
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sapster

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you able to copy in colour? Also, to help you further with this, let us know the Operating System installed on the device your Printer is connected to.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation