12-22-2019 09:42 AM
each time I start my printer, it recommands an alignment. However when I click on "OK" to start the alignment nothing happens.
It I click on "later" it leaves this page but I cannot copy or scan. However, printing from the PC works fine, as well as printing quality diagnostics.
I tried to update the printer to the latest version without effect. I tried to restore the factory settings without effect.
I hope to find a more complete factory reset or a viable option to do this alignment, if you have a solution I would be really grateful!
Thanks in advance !
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-24-2019 01:04 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to complete the alignment process.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
- What is the operating system you are using?
- Are you getting any error related to alignment?
Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee
12-27-2019 03:47 AM
I tried this the day you answered me but it didn't work.
I left the printer without alimentation during 1 day and tried again today with success!
Finally the printer printed the alignment page and I was able to complete the alignment. Now the scan works as a charm!
Thank you a lot for the fast and effective support, I wish you all a merry Xmas and a happy new year!