Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,222 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Envy 5660 will not go to sleep.

Product Name: HP Envy 5660
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
My new printer will not go to sleep, the screen is always on. I have set it at 5/10/15 minutes. None of them work.
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Envy 5660 will not go to sleep.

Hi @beeyatch

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how your HP Envy 5660 printer will not go to sleep. I am happy to help! 

Please try a hard reset, by following the steps in this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is important that the printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector.

I would also recommend making sure the firmware is up-to-date. Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (1,203 Views)

Hi @beeyatch

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how your HP Envy 5660 printer will not go to sleep. I am happy to help! 

Please try a hard reset, by following the steps in this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is important that the printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector.

I would also recommend making sure the firmware is up-to-date. Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,201 Views)

For some reason it though a job was pending. So I have reset my computer and the printer and all is well now. It needs to be "idle" for the printer to go to sleep.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation