Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
My new printer will not go to sleep, the screen is always on. I have set it at 5/10/15 minutes. None of them work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ara_aprah

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how your HP Envy 5660 printer will not go to sleep. I am happy to help! 

Please try a hard reset, by following the steps in this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is important that the printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector.

I would also recommend making sure the firmware is up-to-date. Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ara_aprah

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post on how your HP Envy 5660 printer will not go to sleep. I am happy to help! 

Please try a hard reset, by following the steps in this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is important that the printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector.

I would also recommend making sure the firmware is up-to-date. Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
For some reason it though a job was pending. So I have reset my computer and the printer and all is well now. It needs to be "idle" for the printer to go to sleep.
HP Recommended

there may be a problem with the driver printer, or maybe sleep mode is not enabled, you can try to reset.,  How to perform a Hard Reset,. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.