Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ExamHP ENVY 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated the software and drivers from the HP site.  The printer is connect wireless and I am able to scan.   Even a test page gives a print error.  I uninstalled and removed the device several times and reinstalled.  I ran scan/print doctor and verified the printer can print from it's self.  Just cannot print from the desktop. 

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Prime32903

Welcome to HP Support community.

What error message are you getting while printing?

Meanwhile:

Assign manual IP address and that should fix the issue.

Find the IP address 

1. From the printer control panel, touch Setup.

2. Touch Reports and then touch Network Configuration Report.

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wireless.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This printer only has a wireless interface on it.  The error simply states the document couldn't print. The print queue and just displays error no numbers.  I found a USB cable and was able to print to the printer when it is physically connected.  I just can't print over the network.  I also am able to scan from the printer over the network, just cannot print to it. 

HP Recommended

@Prime32903

Did you assign  static IP address as mention in above post?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I assigned it the same IP it was getting from the router.  I can connect to it with a web browser with no problems.  Still the same error trying to print

HP Recommended

Does anyone have a solution for this?  Again, assigning a static IP did not help. 

HP Recommended

@Prime32903

Try scanning using the HP Smart App and let me know if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Installed the Smart App.  I can scan from the app still cannot print.  Additionally, the app only allows you to print PDF's and images.  I had some PDF's on my desktop tried to print them.  I get the same error as trying to print from the desktop directly.  

HP Recommended

@Prime32903

Try printing from a new user account. To create a new user account -

1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I created the new account, signed on, and still get the same error can't print.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.